- Convenient 24 hour access
- Free point of Sale usage
- After hour lost or stolen 1-800-264-5578
- Use with Checking Account
- Use where MasterCard is accepted
International Travel Notice
River Works Credit Union takes the security of our cardholders very seriously. We employ sophisticated systems to identify potential fraudulent transactions on your ATM or debit card.
Due to fraud restrictions for certain countries, let us know when and where you will be traveling in order to avoid declined transactions or fraud alert calls for out-of-the-ordinary transactions.
This is very important for international travelers.
EMV Chip Cards
EMV chip technology adds layers of security against fraud and is virtually impossible to duplicate, making an already safe payment system even more secure.
Peace of Mind
Your MasterCard features the additional security of an embedded microchip (also called an EMV Card or Chip).
Your chip card comes with proven technology that is already in use around the world. This makes traveling internationally now even easier.
Show with confidence – at home and abroad – knowing that the chip in your card can help protect you from fraud.
Chip Cards Are Easy To Use
Your MasterCard has chip and magnetic stripe technology. That means that regardless of what type of terminal a merchant has, you’ll be able to use your card anywhere MasterCard is accepted.
- At retailers with chip-enabled terminals:
- Insert your card and follow the prompts on the terminal.
- At retailers without chip terminals:
- Swipe your card and proceed as you normally would.
- Over the phone or online:
- Provide your card information the way you always have when you’re ready to make a purchase.
Pin vs. Signature
Depending on the merchant, you will either be prompted to sign for the transaction or to enter your PIN.
How do I use my chip card at a chip-enabled terminal?
- Step 1
- Insert your card “chip first” into the chip-enabled terminal.
- With chip transactions, your card remains in the terminal throughout your transaction.
- Step 2
- Follow the prompts on the terminal and wait for the transaction to be processed.
- You may be required to enter your PIN to complete the transaction.
- Step 3
- Remove the chip card after the transaction is approved and you are prompted to do so.
- Step 4
- Take your receipt.
Introducing Apple Pay™ for Your RWCU Master Debit Card
Apple Pay™ is a convenient new way to pay that makes reaching for your wallet a thing of the past.
With Apple Pay, you can simplify the way you shop by adding your RWCU debit card to the Passbook app on your compatible device. Now, you can easily check out at many of your favorite retailers with just the touch of your finger.
Get Started with Apple Pay
To add your RWCU debit card, you’ll need a compatible device with iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible devices include iPhone6, iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3. Open the Passbook app, swipe down and tap the plus sign. Use your iSight camera to enter the card or add it manually.
If your RWCU debit card is already in iTunes, just key in the Security Code (the CVV code from the back of your card). Be sure to make your RWCU debit card your default payment card for Apple Pay. Just go to “Settings > Passbook & Apple Pay,” tap on “Default Card” and select your “RWCU debit card.”
- Look for the Pay Wave or Apple Pay symbol at checkout and hold your phone near the contactless reader. If you are given a choice for Credit or Debit, Apple recommends that you choose Credit to get the most consistent Apple Pay experience. Choosing Debit might not always work successfully with some older merchant payment terminals and backend systems.
- Place your finger on the Touch ID. Or, you may need to enter a passcode and sign a receipt.
- Keep your phone by the reader until it vibrates and beeps, indicating your payment was accepted.